Saturday, January 28, 2012

Dream On

One of the biggest things pregnancy has affected for me lately is sleep. Sleeping on my side has not been my favorite, and I got a body pillow, which really isn't all that helpful. It just seems to take up a lot of space in our bed and isn't all that convenient when I want to roll over.

But when I finally do fall asleep, I have been having the weirdest dreams. Mostly it's been scenarios from my past but I'm the current version of myself and I just find myself very confused. Like last night I dreamt that I worked at Chick-fil-A, which I did in high school, but I didn't want to do any training because I had already worked there before. And everyone got mad at me I got in trouble for drinking diet Coke. Then I popped into another dream where I worked at Pier 1 and found a secret stash of all of this designer furniture and accessories in the back and I tried to carry it all out to my car, but then panicked, not because I was basically stealing a butt-load of stuff, but because I was pregnant and not supposed to be lifting anything.

More commonly, I have been dreaming that I'm back in either high school or college, but as the present day version of myself. I'll be doing homework or in class and realize "Hey! I've already done all this!" and then have that weird moment where something in my conscious tells me this is just a dream and the dream version of myself starts to do all these crazy things because it's just a dream and then I wake up, usually to find myself in some bizarre position wrapped around my oafy body pillow.

I'm almost half way through, and this is what I know of pregnancy so far: it's weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment