Sunday, April 22, 2012

Third Trimester!

So I've been pretty terrible about keeping up lately. Things have been busy busy busy around here. I don't even know where to start.

We've been working like crazy people trying to get the nursery done, which has mostly been lots of painting. Two opposing walls in the nursery have stripes, so that's been fun. And the ceiling needed to be repainted. And pretty much all of the furniture, which includes the dresser/changing table, rocking chair, and a little side table. And let's not even talk about the crib. That's a bit of a sore subject right now. See, when I say "we've been painting" I really mean Brendan and various other helpers. Not me. But Brendan endured a seven-hour stand-off with the crib I used as I baby, first trying to figure out how the heck to put together such a...shall we say..."vintage" piece. Then painting said piece for hours upon hours, meticulously detailing each spindle, trying to get sufficient coverage, only to find that upon drying the perfect shade pealed off like a bad sunburn.

Yikes.

We've surrendered and will be picking up a new crib soon.

We've also been getting a lot done around the rest of the house too. I think Brendan has caught the nesting bug too. We've put up curtains in the living room (finally!!), got some stuff of the walls so it doesn't look like we just moved in, and finished the old gun cabinet turned wine rack we found on the side of the road a looong time ago. We're not done, but are making huge strides and I'm feeling really good about it. I'll get some pics up soon. There are a few other things to get done first, though.

And on a sad note, we had to do something really rough last week. After finding out that our little Gigi has kitty-diabetes, we had to give her away. It was really sad, but we didn't have a choice because with a baby on the way, we don't have the time or money to worry about what treatment entails. And I know she's making plenty of new friends and cuddling with everything she sees at Pet Helpers. They can treat her there and I just know that some rich old lady will adopt her and not worry one bit about paying for her diabetes medicine. And maybe that old lady will even have diabetes too, so they can check their insulin together and be best friends forever.

But enough about that.

Eva is growing like crazy, which means I am too! Thankfully I don't have diabetes (gestational diabetes, that is) and am right on track with everything, but I was shocked that I hadn't gained more weight since my last doctor's appointment because I feel like every morning I wake up and am huge! She's totally popping out and everyone's taken notice. It was a total shocker to read that babies can come as early as 32 weeks and are generally fine. Holy crap...that's in just three weeks! Not that I think she'll make her arrival that early, but I know she'll be here before we know it. I feel like it wasn't long ago that I spent my days hugging the toilet and eating a steady diet of saltines. Now I'm just tired a lot and getting used to jabs in the guts. Things are really starting to sink in.

Here's me, my baby belly, and my sweet girls at Fuse last Wednesday. No, they don't always dress like this. It was Old School night. And they look pretty awesome.



Speaking of awesome...I'm gonna go lay on the couch. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment