Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Little by little!

Well, things are starting to shape up around here! Slowly, our new house is starting to feel more homey. Obviously, more space means more things to fill it up...and more means, well more. More money to spend, more time to instal. And more is something that we don't necessarily have right now. So the little things get me really excited. And little by little we'll get there!


We've replaced the generic (aka ugly) chandelier in our dining area with this vintage-cool pendant (love the light bulb!), have a lot for the bathrooms, just need to find the time to paint, replace light fixtures and mirrors, etc., and we have curtains for our living room. But those won't go up for about another month when poor little Gigi gets declawed.

That's another story altogether. Last week, I took both cats to get declawed and got a call that Gigi has a mild infection and so her surgery has to be postponed while she's on antibiotics. Have you ever tried to give a cat a pill? Sometimes it's fine, other times it's miserable. And usually she just throws it up. So I'm just praying really hard that these antibiotics will work. Otherwise, I don't know what we're going to do.

If your friends with me on Facebook, you may have seen that I was thinking of giving her away. Well. I don't want to do that. But I can't have her with her claws around the baby. She's just a little too crazy.

In other news, I'm trying to take on a little bit of freelance editing work, so wish me luck on that!

Oh, and it's Leap Year Day! Which means if you're a lady, you can propose to your man. Whatever. Happy Leap Year Day!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the starfish in the window! Don't you feel accomplished when you get something done in the house? Even if its something small? I want to kep decorating but man is it expensive! Little by little we will get there!

    I had to give my cat away before M was born. He was bipolar and i didnt trust him around the baby. It was sooooo hard for me! On the note about the pill...our vet had to give me this long pill popper thing to give him medicine. I would sneak up behind him and place it in his mouth then push the popper....worked great! See if your vet has one you can purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Christina! Yes- even the small things make such a difference.

    I think we're going to keep both cats, because they really are both very sweet. I don't think they'll be a problem around the baby, I think I've just been so stressed out trying to give the one her dang pill for six weeks so she can finally get declawed. Such a pain. Oh well. Hopefully it'll all be water under the bridge by the time the baby gets here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dig the lightbulb chandelier - can't wait to see it in person!! And too bad I missed your Leap Day proposal idea - MAN that would have been hilarious. Oh well, there's always April Fools, right? ;) - Angie R.

    ReplyDelete
  4. RIGHT!!! Hahaha...can't wait to see your bright shining face!

    ReplyDelete