Thursday, February 23, 2012

Our Little Girl!

Wow. I can't believe we're having a baby girl. Honestly, I've always imagined that my first child would be a girl, but when I actually got pregnant, I didn't want to say that I had a feeling one way or the other because I didn't want to get in the girl (or boy) mindset. Then if my instincts were wrong, I would have to recalibrate my thinking. Not that a boy would have been disappointing at all, it's just once you're in one mode, it's difficult to switch. You know what I mean?

So anyway, we are obviously super, super excited. Here's a little bit about our ultrasound yesterday:

For the first time in all of our appointments, we were fifteen minutes early, which meant we got to go back with our ultrasound tech early too. She was an incredibly nice lady who covered my belly in weird warm jelly and then starting rolling the little thingy around until up popped a head on the screen. I think Brendan and I both were so surprised at how big she is (almost a pound!). Then we saw her face, which was super cool, and honestly super weird. She wiggled around a little bit, then the ultrasound lady pointed out some other parts like legs and arms, which were a little harder to decipher.

And then came the moment of truth. Apparently our little girl is rather limber as her legs were in a scissor split position, making it super easy for the lady to identify that she's a girl. But we didn't get it so quickly. She zoomed in and asked us if we knew what we were looking at. Honestly, I had no idea. I didn't really see any boy parts, but I didn't want to say "Girl!" and then be wrong. When she told us that it was 100% surely a girl, we both were immediately all smiles and giggles. The ultra sound lady hugged us both and then we met with the doctor who told us that everything looked good!

I also gained four pounds since last month which is a relief for me since I had a little freak out last month about still not being able to eat like I thought I should be. I'm also going to try to start walking for at least thirty minutes every day now that my energy is up and I'm getting sick much less.

In other not so happy news, I dropped both of our kitties off to be declawed this morning. It was terrible because they hate the car and I'm pretty sure all three of us were crying on the way there. Then only a few minutes ago, I got a call from the vet saying that Gigi has an infection that she'll have to take antibiotics for three weeks to clear up, and then they'll be able to declaw:( The whole decision has been difficult and I feel so bad to have to do it, but with little Eva on her way and their increasingly worse clawing, it just had to be done. So one will come home tomorrow clawless and the other should be done in three weeks as long as her infection clears up.

Oh man...so much to get done before our little girl gets here. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment