Monday, February 20, 2012

Preggo Go-To's

If you've been following my blog throughout my pregnancy, you'll know that some aspects of pregnancy have caught me off guard. For instance, a constantly runny nose, or the disappointment that is Target's maternity section.

So I thought I'd share a few of my go-to's for any preggos or perspective preggos out there.

1. Burt's Bees Mama Bee Body Oil: I slather this lemony-scented stuff all over my belly twice a day. Fingers crossed, it will help me abate or even avoid the dreaded stretch marks. So far, so good.

2. Colour Riche Lip Balm: Since becoming pregnant, I've noticed that my lips are super dry. Really, all of my skin has been super dry (not the norm for me), so I opted for this tinted lip balm that isn't lip-sticky at all. Just some nice color and chap-fighting moisture. A+

3. Body Pillow: Oh, body pillow. We have such a love hate relationship. I hate sleeping on my side, but a good body pillow (only $9.99 at Target) has helped. As much as I hate side-sleeping, the body pillow has really been a life saver.

4. Liz Lange Maternity V-Neck Ts: Yes, I have been sorely, sorely disappointed with Target's maternity ware and most maternity clothes, but these t's are versatile, inexpensive, and come in lots of colors. I like to dress them up a little by pairing up with a pretty scarf and jewelry or even under a blazer with some boots.

5. Broccoli: Can't really explain this one except to say that I can't get enough of it. Usually steamed, no need for cheese. Odd.

6. Horizon Organic Chocolate Milk: Satisfies a chocolate craving (which I don't really get too often), but isn't nutritionally void either. I've found that my tastes have been very simple, even a little juvenile, during this pregnancy. I love a glass with a grilled cheese or a with waffles in the morning.

7. Neti Pot: Nope. That's not a tea pot, though I do love me some black mandarin tea right now. That's a neti pot, a tea pot-like thing that you fill with warm salty water and stick up your nose to clear out your nasal passages. Delightful. Especially when you're constantly plagued with snot and can't take a dang thing for it.

8. Humidifier: No, our humidifier isn't this cute, but we do use one almost every night and it's made a world of difference with the sinuses and even a little bit with the dry skin. Highly recommended.

9. Be Band: This is a the Bella Band's cheap twin sister available at Target. You may remember my whiney saga about trying to find maternity skinny jeans. Well, I got some, and while it's fair to say they're straight-leg, they just don't cut it like skinnies. You see, I'm really picky about jeans. Because I'm somewhat petite, I feel like it's really easy for jeans that are too loose throughout the leg to just make me look short and wide, so I'd go with a jegging before going with boot-cut. And of course, unless you're willing to drop some serious dough on jeans you won't even wear for too long, you're screwed. So I do wear my preggo jeans from time to time (rolled up at the bottom for a boyfriend jean look, usually with some kind of cute flat so that I don't look like a total dunce), I took a pair of skinnies that were already a little worn out anyway and cut the top off. Ha. But they hold up great with the Be Band, and I get the best of both worlds! Room for the baby bump and skinnies that I can actually wear boots with! Hooray!

So there you have it. These are just a few things I won't be without for the next few months.


PS: Countdown for finding out the baby's gender is only TWO DAYS AWAY!!! O M G. I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment