Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Brendan and I were walking back home from a friend's house last night and happened to catch a glimpse of this lovely little mama and her two little babies nesting in a beautiful hanging flower basket. The picture looks fake, but I promise it's real! It was such a sweet site and so fitting for this Mother's Day weekend. 


If you're someone who's close to your mom this Mother's Day, count yourself lucky. My mom's nine hours away, but thankfully I was able to spend some great time with her when she came down to Charleston for the shower last weekend, which I promise to post pictures of soon!

Since I'll be a mother myself this year, I'm all the more appreciative for the sacrifices my mom's made for us over the years. And I love this point in my life where my mom can truly be a best friend. If you're a twenty-something girl, you probably know what I mean. All of sudden, mom goes from being someone who's keeping your curfew and what you wear out of the house in check to someone who you can giggle with over a glass of wine. And then all of sudden you find yourself telling her about how you snuck out of the house that once at a little tapas bar in New York. Once that "WHAT!? I can't believe you did that!" quickly wears away, you laugh and she tells you something funny she did when she was that age and you're both just happy to be able to enjoy each other's company.

Mom's are so special.

 I'm so thankful for my mom's creativity, her sense of humor and her friendship.




Happy Mother's Day Mom! I hope your weekend is relaxing and delightful! You deserve it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment